Crafty Cardmakers and More Challenge #138- Make Your Own Background


Hello, today sees the start of the new fortnightly challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Pamellia is hosting this fortnight and has chosen the theme of Make Your Own Background. 

For my card I have used an embossing folder by Crafts- Too to emboss a piece of Crafters Companion. I then used Spectrum Aqua markers to paint the feathers, before applying gold gilding wax over the raised areas. The stamp came with this months issue of 'Quick Cards Made Easy' magazine, and has been stamped with Black Archival Ink and also water coloured. I used a sentiment that came with the image and heat embossed it in gold. The scalloped frame was cut with a Spellbinders die. I also cut two feathers from the background underneath the image and added them with 3D Foam, along with some ribbon and a flower from my stash. 

I hope you like my card, and please take the time to visit my fellow DT's blogs to check out their beautiful creations. 
       Sally.

Comments

Pamellia said…
Holy gorgeous Sally!! I am just loving your bright and cheery colours!! Beautiful embossing folder choice and incredible job colouring those feathers!! STUNNING! hugs :)
Carole Pollard said…
So fabulous ht a gorgeous design I love the colours and your fab colouring its all delightful love and hugs Carole x
julie_woolston said…
Wow absolutely gorgeous Sally, amazing detail.
Hugs Julie xxx
Rebecca said…
Awesome card Sally I love the feathers and the gold just gives them a pop!

Hugs, Bec x
Lin said…
Love your feathered background Sally. I can't believe this is gilding wax, it's so precise I thought you had embossed a stamped feather, not gilded an embossed piece of card!

Lin