Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #152- Winter Birthday


    Hello, the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more starts today and Josephine is our host for this challenge. She has chosen the theme of Winter Birthday.
   
    For my card I didn't want to have an overly Festive feel, but I still wanted to include aspects of winter, such as the cool colours and snowflakes. I also new that I wanted to include some handmade flowers and this Hobby Art sentiment.
    I started with my card base, which is a new size for me at 5 x 8 inches. The background was made with 'Weathered Wood', 'Tattered Rose' and 'Bundled Sage' Distress Ink and some Pearl Mica Spray. I then used some home made texture paste and the 'Bricks' stencil by Dutch Doobadoo. When the paste was dry I used some 'Pearl Moon' gilding wax by Cosmic Shimmer to give the bricks a Frosty feel. I distressed the edges and added some glitter.
    I added some white organza ribbon, some grey gross grain ribbon and some seam binding that I coloured with the same colours of Distress ink that I used for the background to a strip of white card that I had also edged with glitter and used as a band across my card.
    The dove is from a stamp set from Woodware and has been stamped with a Dark grey ink and coloured with Spectrum Noir blend able Pencils.
    The birdcage has been cut using a Prickly Pear Die and embossed with Silver embossing powder.
    I have used the 'Fancy Flourish die' by Cheery- Lynn and coloured it with 'Bundled Sage' DI for the base of my floral display. I then added some grey twine underneath the roses and for the rope on the bird cage. The large white rose was made with the 'Floral- STL039' die by Pinflair. The two largest pink flowers (which were coloured with 'Tatered Rose' Distress Ink) and the three smallest white flowers are made by a set of flower dies by Elizabeth Crafts Designs and the two smaller pink roses were made with a Petal Pairs punch from Tonic.
    The snowflakes are from a stamp set by Hobby art and have been stamped with Versamark onto acetate and embossed with White detail powder and cut out. The sentiment is also from Hobby Art and has been embossed with Silver onto a Distress Ink coloured panel.
    I finished the card with some clear gems in various sizes and more glitter.

    I hope you like my card and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some beautiful cards.
    Thanks for taking the time to visit.
     Sally.x.

Comments

A gorgeous card Sally, gorgeous layout. Marlene
Josephine said…
Beautiful - so much detail - it's the sort of creation that you're going to keep finding things in each time you take a look.
Ina G said…
I agree with Josephine - so much detail and all so amazingly beautiful. And so much to gaze your eyes over. Simply stunning. Love those flowers.
Debra K. said…
This is so beautiful Sally! A really wonderful design with lots of lovely texture. Your handmade flowers are just gorgeous and look great with the snowflakes. I love this! Debra x
julie_woolston said…
Wow Sally this is absolutely beautiful the detail is fabulous, love it.
Hugs Julie xxx
Pamellia said…
Wow Sally, this is just beautiful!! I love the frosty tones and the little dove, such perfect choices for a winter birthday card, but not too overly done! The glitter is so shimmery in the light, really catches the eye! Hope all is well with you. hugs :)
Carole Pollard said…
Wonderful so much fabulous detail and love that stencil a brilliant card Love an d hugs Carole x
Kim x said…
Stunning card Sally, I love all the details that you have added, just beautiful xx