Pink Lotus


Hello, today I have a card to show you that I have made using some stamps from Sheena Douglass' 'A Little Bit Oriental' stamp range. To create the main picture I stamped the large willow tree and bridge from the 'Oriental Silhouette' stamp sheet and the lily pads from the 'Koi and Waterlilies' stamp sheet with Black Archival Ink. I then made a mask with printer paper for the mountains and used a selection of Distress inks and make- up sponges to ink the mountains and sky. I then made another mask from torn printer paper to make the hills and land and again used Distress inks and kept moving the paper to create different hills. I used Distress in and Twinkling H2O's to create the water and Lilly pads. I then used some more H2O's to change the willow trees to Wisteria trees and paint the bridge. To finish I stamped the three cranes from the 'Oriental Silhouette' stamp sheet with Black Archival Ink. The background had been made by stamping three of the Waterlilies from the 'Koi and Waterlilies' stamp sheet with Clear Perfect Medium and some White Embossing powder. I them painted them with H2O's. The large Lilly was stamped with Black Archival and again painted with the H2O's and decoupaged. The writing is from the 'Oriental Silhouette' sheet and I have added some ribbon and a coin charm to finish. The card is 8 x 8 inches. Hope you like it as much as I do because I really enjoyed making this one and thanks for visiting. 
            Sally. 

Comments

Debra K. said…
Oh Sally, this is absolutely beautiful! The gorgeous background and lovely wisteria trees are just perfection and then you top it with your wonderful stamping. You should be thrilled with this. I wish I could see it in person with the sparkling H2Os. I hope you can find a challenge to enter this wonderful card into. :) Debra x