Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #134- For A Special Woman


Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Pamellia is this fortnight's hostess and her chosen theme is 'For A Special Woman'. 

I chose to make a wall hanging for my Mum. The heart I have used is an MDF blank that I bought from my local craft shop. I first painted a layer of white Gesso, to prime the MDF, then when that was dry I added a thick coat of Do Crafts Artiste 'Crackle Medium'. I dried this with my Heat Tool and applied a thick coat of Do Crafts Artiste 'Blanc' Acrylic paint and also dried this with my Heat Tool. This resulted in small cracks, but if I had allowed the Blanc paint to air dry the cracks would have been larger and more defined. I then added some 'Worn Lipstick' Distress Ink over the top of the paint to create a pale pink hue. I also used the 'Latticework' mask by Tim Holtz , some Tacky Glue and Cosmic Shimmer 'Silver Dream' gilding flakes in areas around the heart. I finished the base of the heart by edging the heart with glue and covering this with chunky clear glitter. The flowers were cut using some dies from Elizabeth Crafts and Pinflair, which I cut from white card. I then repeated the same steps with the Crackle Medium', the 'Blanc' Acrylic paint and Distress Ink to colour the flowers. I then edged the flowers with 'Mushroom' Adirondack Paint Dabber and fine clear glitter. I also added some stick gems to the centre of the flowers after layering them together. The dragonflies are a stamp and die set that came free with this months Simply Cards And Papercrafts magazine, which I have heat embossed in silver and added glitter and Inkssentials 'Crackle Accents' to. I finished my project with some more stick gems, metal alphabet tiles, string, ribbon and gems from my stash.

I hope you like my project for this theme and please check out my fellow design team member blogs from some more brilliant inspiration.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:


    Sally.

Comments

Pamellia said…
Oh my gosh Sally, this is absolutely breathtaking!!! I am loving all the wonderful pinks and glitters and flowers and textures and dragonflies and bling, and, and, and...can you tell that I love it!! It's a spectacular project! hugs :)
julie_woolston said…
Sally this is absolutely stunning hun, lovely colours ans detail.
Hugs Julie xxx
coldwaters2 said…
WOW Sally this is absolutely beautiful, awesome design work, love the flowers, brilliant creation.
hugs
lorraine x
Carole Pollard said…
Sally this is just fabulous such attention to detail and your paint and ink work is wonderful your Mum will love this its a treasure love and hugs Carole x
Debra K. said…
This is just so beautiful Sally! I love the gilding flakes used through the mask, it gives a lovely result and the paint technique looks fabby but the flowers and dragonflies are a real delight. Your mum is so lucky to have such a gorgeous gift like this from a wonderful daughter like you :). Debra x
JayBe said…
What a gorgeous project, Sally - I'm sure your mum will adore it, I know I would. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
chrissy xx said…
WpoW! What a Wonderful creation..
So much detail and I LOve your colours and sparkle.
Your Mum will adore it I'm sure. I know I would x
Chrissyxx
Kim x said…
Hi Sally, sorry I didn't comment before, this is stunning xx
Diane said…
Wow what a stunning wall hanging.

Hugs Diane
Jac said…
wow love this, what a great transformation
Hugs from your newest follower
Jac x
Unknown said…
Gorgeous make Sally! So subtle and elegant, with these feminine colours! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
♥Ira’s Crea Corner♥