Birdsong Notebook


    Hello, today I have a Notebook I have made to share with you. I have used the 'Birdsong' stamp set from Hobby Art for the birds and branches. The birds were stamped with 'Tuxedo Black' Memento ink onto white card, then coloured with my Copic markers. The branches however were stamped onto a piece of cardboard that I had painted with a coat of white Gesso. I then cut around the branches and painted them with watercolours.
    The background papers are from my all time favourite paper pad, K & Company's 'Que Sera Sera'. The pink layer was originally red, so I covered it with some white Gesso to tone it down. I also added a watered down layer of Gesso to the top blue layer. I added a layer of white card, which I had painted with Gold Acrylic paint and made a couple of tears, before attaching all the layers together with some stitching.
   I added some swirl, ink splatter and ring stamps and also some 'Shabby White' Embossing Enamel to the background. The brickwork was added using some homemade texture paste and a stencil from Dutch Doobadoo. I then added some colour to the bricks with watercolour paints.
    The frame was made by sticking three frames together that I had cut from thin cardboard using some Crafts- Too dies. I then added some white Acrylic paint, Glitter Varnish and Gold gilding wax, until I achieved a porcelain type effect. The 'Notes' text was hand written.  
    The flowers were made using a Tonic punch and have been coloured with a Copic marker and added some gold Perfect Pearls for the centres. I finished by gently spritzing some Gold mica spray over the cover to add some more shimmer here and there.

I would like to enter this Notebook into the following challenge: Love To Scrap!- Anything Goes

I hope you like my Notebook and thanks for taking the time to visit.
   Sally.x.

Comments

Debra K. said…
Oh Sally, this is just gorgeous! So much hard work has gone into this wonderful creation. The birds and flowers are lovely and are really shimmer so beautifully. The different textures and colours are fantastic. I bet Jenny, at Hobby Art, loves what you've done with her stamps, I know I do. Debra x
Wow this is beautiful, love it
Pamellia said…
Wow Sally, this is really gorgeous! Birds are my absolute favourite and I just love the entire garden you built using those sweet birds and branches against the fabulous brick wall! Amazing piece! hugs :)
Lillian A said…
Great bird coloring and a fantastic scenic card. Thank you for entering our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.
Carole Pollard said…
Just amazing its so beautiful all that work you are so talented I'm intrigued by your home made embossing paste !!! Love and hugs Carole x