Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #144- Anything But A Card


    Hello, the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more starts today and Carole is our hostess for this challenge. Carole's theme for the next fortnight is 'Anything But A Card'.
   
    For my 'Anything But A Card' project I decided to decorate a black frame which has been taking up room in my craft space for quite a while now. The frame was bought from my local £ shop and I have covered it with some gold Gilding wax and some Spray And Shine from Crafters Companion to seal the wax.
    The picture was created by printing out some book effect paper onto some cartridge paper that I took from my sketchbook. I then over printed the roses which is from a colouring page. I then stamped the Hobby Art butterflies with black Adirondack Ink. I then coloured the images with Copic markers and a hint of clear Wink of Stella for a touch of shimmer. I also used a Dutch Doobadoo stencil to colour through with my Copics to create the brickwork. I finished by adding a few sequins.

    I hope you like my Picture frame and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some gorgeous projects.
         Sally.x.

Comments

Pamellia said…
What a beautiful frame Sally, I love the touches of gold. Stunning image you put together too, those butterflies and roses are just stunning and I love the book page background! Really pretty frame! hugs :)
julie_woolston said…
Absolutely beautiful Sally, what gorgeous affects from the gilding wax and beautiful image.
Hugs Julie xxx
Debra K. said…
A wonderful creation Sally! That definitely doesn't look like a frame from a £ shop anymore. The roses and butterflies look so lovely on the background you've cleverly made.
Any advice on a printer I should buy that prints on all mediums including 300gsm Cardstock? Debra x
Carole Pollard said…
What a gorgeous design and that frame looks so expensive and vintage. Your stamping and colouring are so pretty and i love the brick stencil its perfect love and hugs Carole x
Great frame - love the effect of the gilding wax and the book print background. Thanks for providing such lovely inspiration for my Challenge!! Cxx