Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #145- Warm Summer Colours


    Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more and Bec is the hostess for this fortnights challenge and the new theme is Warm Summer Colours.

    For my card I chose to make an Indian Summer inspired card which uses rich, warm golds and oranges. All the stamps I have used for this card are from the 'A Taste Of India' stamp range by Sheena Douglass.
    The archway scene was stamped with Black Archival Ink onto some watercolour card and painted using Spectrum Aqua markers. I also used the White and Black Spectrum Noir pencils to add a bit more shading and highlights to the picture.
    The Tiger was stamped with 'Tuxedo Black' Memento ink onto some white card stock and coloured with the Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils, some Gamsol and a paintbrush.
    The ornate frame and leaves were stamped with Versamark ink onto some black card stock, then cut out, as was the sentiment.
    The backing paper was made by applying some texture paste through Tim Holtz's 'Flourish' stencil. When the texture paste is dry I covered the surface with yellow and orange watercolour paints. I then added some gold gilding wax to the raised areas and buffed this to get a good shine.
     I added this onto a black card base and added some gold beads.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge: Try it on Tuesday- Use Stencils

   I hope you like my interpretation of this fortnights theme and please pop over to my fellow DT's blogs and check out their gorgeous cards.
      Sally.x.

Comments

Pamellia said…
What a stunning card Sally! I just love all the fiery colours and the Indian Summer theme is so wonderfully unique and beautiful! It's been such a pleasure working with you this year, I hope we bump into each other now and again

While I'm here I will say Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Use a Stencil' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)
julie_woolston said…
Gorgeous card Sally I love the image.
Hugs Julie xxx
chrissie said…
Beautiful images and great textured background using the stencil
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx
A wonderful project!
Thank you for joining in at TIOT's!
oxo
Susi
How lovely, love the rich colours and the look of this card
Carole Pollard said…
Wonderful the rich colours and design are perfect and fab colouring as well . Certainly reminded me of a fabulous holiday I had in India a few years ago you've captured it perfectly Love and hugs Carole x
Debra K. said…
Fantastic card Sally! Absolutely stunning background, I can almost feel the heat of an Indian summer. The lion lounging at the front is so beautifully coloured. Just gorgeous. Debra x
Mrs.B said…
Stunning card Sally, love the rich background and the embossed frame for your little scene.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx
Ina G said…
Amazing card Sally - simply gorgeous.