Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #153- 'Twas The Night Before Christmas


    Hello, the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more started yesterday. Lin is hosting this challenge and she would like to see cards the have been inspired by the 'Twas The Night Before Christmas' poem by Clement Clarke Moore. Please can you include in your posts which part of the poem has inspired your card.

    For my card I chose the line 'The stockings were hung by the chimney with care' as the inspiration. The fireplace was cut using my Silhouette and a file from the Silhouette store. The mantle piece   cutting file came with the brickwork also as part of the file, but I decided to eliminate those and replace them with the 'Bricks' stencil by Dutch Doobadoo and texture paste to add a bit more texture. I then coloured the bricks with watercolour paints and Distress Inks. I then cut out another mantle piece from white card stock and used my grey Copic's to add shadows and tiles.
    The fire itself was a weekly freebie shape also from the Silhouette store and I cut it out on Orange card and added gilding flakes and glitter to make it look like it is burning. The garland is a stamp from Dimension 4th and was on sale in my local craft shop, and was heat embossed with 'Topiary Dark Green' onto acetate and gems added.
    The stockings are from the Molly Blooms Christmas Carnival magazine. I stamped the stockings onto white Copic card with 'Tuxedo Black' Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. I then cut out the stockings and added them with 3D Foam onto the hearth.
    The wood effect paper is from a paper pad by Joy Crafts and the blue backing paper is from Kanban.
    The cat came included with the mantle piece cutting file and has been cut from white card, double sided adhesive sheet applied, then some Black 'Fun Flock' to create a Furry feel.

   I hope you like my inspiration for this challenge and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some gorgeous cards. Thanks for stopping by.
   Sally.x.

Comments

julie_woolston said…
Gorgeous card Sally lovely design and detail.
Hugs Julie xxx
Ina G said…
What a fun scene you created Sally. Hope Santa isn't planning on coming down the chimney just yet with the fire burning lol. Love your take on the challenge. So colourful and so much to look at. Fabulous.
Debra K. said…
Wonderful card Sally! There's so many little things I love on this card, the garland, the stockings, the tiled hearth, the wood flooring and especially the furry cat!. The rest is pretty brilliant too. Love your card :)). Debra x
Pamellia said…
What a fabulous scene you have put together Sally! I love that you used the stockings line, it`s such a traditional Christmas vision and it really takes me back to childhood! Love the kitty cat you added, so sweet! hugs :)
Carole Pollard said…
A beautfiul Christmas scene its fabulous so well put together I just love the stockings they are just adorable love and hugs Carole x