Crafty Cardmakers #159- Go Green


    Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Pam is the hostess for this challenge and her chosen theme is 'Go Green'. 
    
    For my card I started by making the two green backing papers. The largest background was made by stamping the flourish stamp from Hobby Art's (Flourish) stamp set with Versamark ink ad embossed with Crystal Embossing powder. I then added 'Bundled Sage' Distress Ink over the whole of the paper to reveal the stamping.
    The smaller background was made by embossing the white card with the 'Trellis' folder from Couture Creations. I then added some more 'Bundled Sage'. I then cut a circle from the middle of the paper and added glitter around the edges of the background pieces.
    The fancy doily shape was cut from my Silhouette, as were the leaves. The doily has been edged with glitter and the leaves have been coloured with 'Bundled Sage' and clear Wink of Stella.
    The sentiment was stamped with 'Bundled Sage' and embossed with the Crystal Embossing powder and is from Hobby Art's (Scenic Sentiments) set. The text is a bit hard to read as my camera didn't like the sparkle of the Embossing powder. It reads: 'The Earth Laughs In Flowers'. I then added the flourish stamp in the Distress Ink around the sentiment.
    The flowers were made with paper clay, the largest was handmade and the smaller ones were made with a mould. I added some Wink of Stella to the edges of the petals. I finished the card by adding some pretty ribbon from my stash and some pearls. 

    I hope you like my card and please check out the DT's blogs as they have made some beautiful cards. Thanks for taking the time to visit. 
    Sally.x.

Comments

Gorgeous card Sally. Have a good week, Angela x
Pamellia said…
So beautiful Sally! I love the shade of green you used, very toned and vintage! Love the touches of glitter, your whole card just sparkles and shines!! AWESOME job on your clay flower, wow!! Thank you so much for all the sweet comments you left on my blog. It was really wonderful hearing from you! hugs :)