Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #191- Here Comes Summer


Hi, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. June is hosting this time around and has chosen the theme 'Here Comes Summer'.

For my card I have used the 'Summer Holiday' and 'Textures' stamp sets from Hobby Art.

I started by stamping the images from the 'Summer Holiday' stamp set with 'Tuxedo Black' Memento Ink onto Neenah 'Desert Storm' card from Crafter's Companion. I then coloured the images with Polychromos pencils and used a white Posca marker for highlighting.

I also stamped the sentiment onto a die cut rectangle and the seagull separately. I also coloured these with Polychromos and the Posca marker.

I then used the speckle texture stamp from the 'Textures' stamp set and stamped them all over the card using 'Brushed Courdoroy' Distress Ink. I then wiped the excess ink off the coloured images with some tissue.

The blue background was made using the Shaving foam technique and 'Ocean Depth' Versamagic Ink. I used a die from Spellbinders to cut the Scalloped rectangle onto which I layered the sentiment and then added the seagulls with 3D Foam.

I hope you like my card and please check out my fellow DT'S blogs as they have made some wonderful cards.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

Comments

Margaret Mifsud said…
Love this card Sally!! Gorgeous colour mix and the beachy theme is fabulous! Have a great day! x
Kim x said…
Amazing as always Sally. Reminds me of summer holidays as a kid.
Hope you are well. hugs Kimx
I so love the images on this card, it's gorgeous. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx
Judy McKay said…
Perfect summer card. Beautiful details. Have a creative week. Judy
Fabulous card this really does sum up summer by the sea, love it, have a great week xx
Judy Williams said…
Lovely card Sally, the colours and textures are all wonderful!
Unknown said…
Oh so pretty . beautifully colored.

Thank you for always encouragement for me.